Monday, February 23, 2009

New Slang

There's a new condition in town folks, well, it's not so much a new condition for me, nor it shouldn't be for you. But me (and my buddy Stephen) will be the firsts to coin the term. You'll know what I mean when I explain it.

You ever go to a party or go on a trip or whatever and you just have the most blastiest time of your life? I mean, it was balls to the walls rad ass and you just can't get over all the memories (or whatever you CAN remember) that were made that night/weekend? You wake up the next morning and you're hungover. But there's something else you're feeling too, and you just can't put your finger on it. You're groggy. You don't want to do anything. Last night's fiesta has completely drained you physically and emotionally. You just want to lay in bed all day and think about all the fun things that happened. You don't want to talk to anybody. You don't wanna eat anything. If you or anybody you know has experienced this feeling, then my friends, you are not alone. This is called "Post Party Depression".

How do you treat PPD? Well, doctors and psychologists have not yet found the remedy for this new condition but are feverishly working on the next miracle drug to cure it. So far, the only thing that can be suggested to help you get over this ailment is to just try your hardest to look forward to the next day. Some of the reasons for PPD go as follows:

A) You have no other party/trip to look forward to for the next couple of months or year

B) You may have something to look forward to but what you did last night or over the weekend was such a kick ass time that you know nothing will amount to it in a really long time.

It's not hard to grasp folks. It was on the tip of your tongue the whole time and you just needed someone to give it a name. Well there you have it. The next time your friend asks you "Dude, what's wrong with you? You didn't have a good time last night or what?" You can answer (as a tear slowly crawls down your cheek) "No man...I had the best time last night. It was so...beautiful. So...pure. I have nothing to look forward to anymore. I don't know what to do with myself. I have...Post Party Depression." (end scene)

No comments: